Easy Southwest Salmon with Chipotle Slaw
Recipes Every Girl Should Know
Enjoy your favorite Tex-Mex flavors without the guilt with an Easy Southwest Salmon with Chipotle Slaw! It’s mildly spicy and diet friendly.
Fresh limes, pico de gallo, and avocado make this Easy Southwest Salmon with a Chipotle Slaw a must-have in your meal plan rotation. It’s our 12th entree in the “Recipes Every Girl Should Know” series. These recipes consist of my favorite go-to dishes for brunch, potlucks, happy hours, and dinner parties. As you become familiar with the basic recipes, you will develop your own cooking style and make these your own signature dishes.
I love making this Easy Southwest Salmon with Chipotle Slaw for lunch, brunch or family dinners. Salmon doesn’t take long to cook and taste great. It’s packed with amazing health benefits from nutrients such as omega-3, vitamin D, and selenium that boost eye health and brain function, provide joint health and prevent heart disease.
Now, who’s ready to get cooking!
Easy Southwest Salmon
with Chipotle Slaw
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 20 mins
TOTAL TIME: 35 mins
Author: Taste and See Life
Recipe type: Entree
- 4 4-6 ounce salmon filets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 3 limes, one lime sliced and one lime wedged
- 1 bag of coleslaw
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (or mayonnaise)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoon chipotle sauce
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Coat salmon filets in olive oil and place in aluminum foil.
- Top salmon with pico de gallo, salt, lime juice and a slice of lime.
- Place the individually foil-wrapped salmon on a cookie pan.
- Bake 20 minute until fish flakes.
- Mix ingredients for chipotle slaw in a medium bowl while the fish is in the oven, and set aside.
- Plate salmon with chipotle slaw and top salmon with avocado and a fresh lime slice.
For a kid-friendly baked salmon, top your fillet with lemon juice, salt, cubed butter, capers and fresh dill. Cook for 20 minutes at 425. Serve with seasoned brown rice or roasted asparagus.
Foil-baked salmon is one of my favorite go-to dishes that my family loves. I’ve made variations of foil-baked salmon for cooking dates, family dinners and solo meals at home. This is definitely a recipe every girl should know because it is so easy, quick to make and clean up is a snap.
Pro-tip, buy the in-store prepared pico de gallo. It’s fairly inexpensive and you will save time from all that chopping. Also, have the butcher cut your salmon in 4 to 6-ounce filets. Lastly, use Reynolds Wrap® Wrappers Foil Sheets. They are already pre-cut to the right size for foil baked salmon and convenient.
Try this Easy SouthwestSalmon and Chipotle Slaw for your Friday fish Lenten dinners and let me know what you think!
Love what you see here, find more Recipes Every Girl Should Know in the Recipes tab under Food.
Share this Post